No products in the cart.
Membership and event attendance is by referral. If you or someone you know is interested in becoming a member or interested in attending one of our events, please contact us at connect [at] women get on board [dot] ca.
Selecting Your Membership
How do you start your journey to get board-ready so you can compete for a corporate board seat? The first step is to ask yourself these 10 questions to determine your readiness for leading and serving on a corporate board. If you answer ‘Yes’ to the majority of the questions, please sign up for a Corporate Director Membership. If your answer is ‘No’ to the majority, please sign up for an Executive Membership.
10 Questions to determine if you are board-ready or getting board-ready
- Do you have a minimum of 10 to 15 years of experience in a senior executive role in the public, private, crown or not‐for‐profit sectors?
- Are you prepared to commit at least 200 to 300 hours per year to a corporate board role?
- Do you have the support of your own Board of Directors and/or senior executives to serve on a board?
- Do you have a formal governance certification or designation (C. Dir or ICD.D) from the Directors College or the Institute of Corporate Directors?
- Have you ever served on a board, not‐for‐profit or for profit?
- Are you a team player that understands the dynamics of boards is one of the most critical components of good governance?
- Do you fully understand the role, responsibility and liability of a corporate director?
- Do you understand the difference between a board of directors role versus a management role?
- Do you have financial acumen—can you read and understand financial statements?
- Do you have experience in critical areas in our changing world such as Risk Management, International Markets, M&A, Cyber Security, Digital Media, Big Data, etc.?
Getting yourself board-ready is a journey where you need to be realistic in your skills, experience and value you bring to a board.
If you have determined that you are interested in getting board-ready, please consider registering for our Women Get On Board Getting Board-ready workshops and attending our events.