Women Get On Board Inc.
Last Updated July 15, 2022
If you have any questions or comments, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Automatic Collection of Anonymous Information
If you do nothing but browse the WGOB website, read pages or download information, certain information will be collected and stored automatically. This information does not identify you personally. WGOB uses this information to learn about visitors to our site and determine the types of technology our visitors use. We do assign session ‘cookies’ to your computer to allow us to recognize your computer and make your visit more convenient. You can set your browser to disable cookies, but some websites may not work properly if you do this.
Personal Information Collected
Personal information is any information related to an identified or reasonably identifiable person or as defined under applicable law. The type of personal information we collect about you depends on your interactions with us, as more fully described below. WGOB may collect and use the following kinds of personal information:
- Information that you provide when you apply for membership (including name, email, password, company, title, position, address, and all information included as part of the Women Get On Board Directory);
- Information that you provide to register for or participate in any of our hosted events or programs (including name, email, billing address, company, position, phone number, login name and password, and industry/sector);
- Information that you provide to subscribe to our services, including our General Mailing List;
- Information collected from other sources, including third parties, hosting or co-hosting events with us (when they may share event attendance or participation information with us), publicly available sources, and third-party social media and communication services such as Facebook, Twitter, Google, Instagram and LinkedIn, that you use to interact with us or that allow you to share information, but always in accordance with the authorization procedures and privacy settings you establish with such services;
- Any other information that you send or provide to WGOB, including surveys or feedback or other submissions, as a result of participation in any of our events or programs or use of other features or services that may be offered from time to time and which may require the collection of certain personal information to utilize the features.
Uses of Personal Information Collected:
- Administer this website;
- Personalize the website for you and establish a member account and member profile in our Women Get On Board Directory;
- Manage member accounts;
- Enable your access to our events and programs and use of our services, including website services;
- Provide, maintain and improve our data, products, services and events;
- Send statements, invoices and receipts to you;
- Collect payments from you;
- Respond to your requests and other communications from you;
- Offer, conduct and administer events and programs;
- Send you marketing communications about products, services, events and programs and provide news and information that we believe may be of interest to you; and
- Process your personal information in accordance with your consent or instructions.
We may share personal information for the purposes described below:
- With our Service Providers. We share personal information with unaffiliated organizations or individuals we hire or work with that perform services on our behalf, including member support, web hosting, information technology, payment processing, direct mail and email distribution, events, advertising and analytics services. These third-party service providers have access to personal information needed to perform their services but may not use it for other purposes. Our service providers may be located outside of Canada, so please note that these disclosures may involve cross-border data transfers of your personal information as described in “Cross-border Data Transfers” below.
- With our Professional Advisors. We share personal information with our legal, accounting, tax, insurance and other advisors in connection with any transactions described herein or in connection with the management of all or part of our business or operations.
- With Your Consent or at Your Direction. We share personal information with third parties when we have your consent to do so. For example, if you decide to participate in certain interactive areas or features of our events or services, you consent to disclosure of this information to other users of our website or the services we provide. We may also share your personal data with third parties when you intentionally direct us to do so or when you use our services to intentionally interact with third parties.
- Aggregated, Anonymized or De-identified Data. We may also share aggregated, anonymized or de-identified information, which cannot reasonably be used to identify you. See ‘Automatic Collection of Personal Information’ above.
Unless permitted by law, we do not collect personal information without first obtaining the consent, of the individual concerned, to the collection, use and disclosure of that information pursuant to this Policy. However, we may seek consent to use and disclose personal information after it has been collected in those cases where we wish to use the information for a purpose not identified in this Policy or not previously identified or for which the individual concerned has not previously consented.
If you consent, your personal information shall be used for the purposes indicated in this Policy. If you wish to revoke your consent at any time, you should contact us at email@example.com
Cross-border Data Transfers
Our website contains links to third-party websites that are not controlled or operated by WGOB. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that WGOB does not accept or have any responsibility or liability for the privacy policies or practices of any third-party. Please review these policies before you disclose any personal information when visiting such third-party websites.
The Accuracy and Retention of Personal Information